The Philadelphia Business Journal Soaring 76 spells good news for Montgomery County. Lisa Dukart tallied the reasons for local optimism in the business community this year.
A macro view of the area’s fastest-growing companies for 2022 yields a few surprises. Yes, there are perennial qualifiers. But there are also several newcomers, signaling young tycoons making their marks in certain booming sectors.
Qualifying criteria for inclusion on the list were:
- Independent ownership
- Sustained annual growth, incrementally, from 2019–2021
- Revenue floors of $750,000 for 2020 and $2 million for 2021
- Headquarters in eastern Pa., western N.J., or northern Del.
The 16 Montgomery County standouts, in alphabetical order, are:
- 4 Walls Inc., Narberth
- Accolade Inc., Plymouth Meeting
- Adapthealth Corp., Plymouth Meeting
- Bancroft Capital, Fort Washington
- Deerfield Agency, Conshohocken
- Eigen X LLC, King of Prussia
- Essential Utilities Inc., Bryn Mawr
- FinPay LLC, King of Prussia
- Fintegra, King of Prussia
- Hamilton Lane, Conshohocken
- Morgan Properties, King of Prussia
- Phenom, Ambler
- Quaker Chemical Corp., Conshohocken
- SMB Team, Bala Cynwyd
- The O’Connor Group, King of Prussia
- Traffic Planning and Design, Inc., Pottstown
These quick growers represented 21 percent of the entire list, besting the tallies for Chester (18 percent), Bucks (10.5 percent), and Delaware (6 percent) Counties. Philadelphia County understandably held the largest collection of successful businesses, with 30 percent.
More on the Philadelphia Business Journal 2022 Soaring 76 is online.