See How Nearby Delco Cheesesteak Joints Ranked on a Taste Tour
Eight nearby Delaware County spots made a list of 60 cheesesteak favorites in the Philadelphia region, writes Jeff Belonger for myphillyalive.com.
The list, ranked highest to lowest, is part of a seven-day tour to find the ultimate Philly cheesesteak, to be announced in March.
The tour covered Philadelphia, Delco and parts of New Jersey.
Each cheesesteak rated between 5.0 (Barely on the radar as a sandwich) to 10.0 (Immaculate Reception).
In Delaware County:
- Delco Steaks (https://youtu.be/YuPAvJFVzh4) in Broomall tied for 11th place with an 8.1 rating.
- Original Thunderbird Steaks in Broomall tied for 16th place with a 7.95 rating that also went to;
- Lugi and Giovanni’s (https://youtu.be/RHgp6BGlFb4) in Newtown Square.
- Leo’s Steaks in Folcroft ranked 25th with a 7.83 rating.
- Doc’s Deli Steaks & Hoagies in Lansdowne tied for 27th place with a rating of 7.8.
- Delco’s Original Steaks Hoagies in Chadds Ford ranked 38th with a rating of 7.68.
- Sofie’s Steaks in Morton ranked 44th with a rating of 7.55.
- Mike and Emma’s Steak Shop in Folsom was ranked 50th with a rating of 7.48.
Judges were cheesesteak lovers, culinary professionals and food media personalities.
Cheesesteak locations came from readers, polls, cheesesteak lovers and research.
Stay Connected, Stay Informed
Subscribe for great stories in your community!
"*" indicates required fields