By Lynne Williams
Did you know as a business owner, you can enable “Open for Business” on your profile? Providing info about your business will push you out in a search.
When people are looking for the specific services you offer, you will “show up” and can receive messages if you have enabled the “Open Profile” setting.
If you visit my profile in the section right below my picture, you can see how it looks. I have chosen ten items for the “United States” “in person or remote” via “free messages.”
LinkedIn does not offer writing or optimizing LinkedIn profiles, so I made my best choice from what was available. I can clarify more details and keywords in my headline and elsewhere in my profile.
Although this is still being rolled out to all LinkedIn users, if you do have it available, here are the steps to turn it on:
- Click on your round ME on the menu bar at the top of your page
- Click view profile
- Click add services from the showcase services section
- Follow the instructions
- Click add to profile
- You can also highlight your services by adding a section to your profile
What services can you add for your business, and how many? You can add up to ten services, and these are the current choices of the overall categories. There are submenus you do not want to miss to further detail what you offer:
- Financial Advisory
- Financial Accounting
- Mortgage Lending
- Tax Preparation
- Personal Tax Planning
- Small Business Tax
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Home Improvement
- Information Technology
- Real Estate
- Software Development
Don’t miss taking advantage of this advertising opportunity on LinkedIn.
Missed last week’s article How to Leverage the LinkedIn Algorithm to Boost Your Business and Profile. Click here!
Upcoming November Online Zoom Events
Register per the instructions on the website. Join our meetup (see step one of this Google doc). To attend the speaker meetings for free for a year, become a Bronze or BENG member. Your membership or sponsorship supports our nonprofit to help job seekers in career transition and self-employed and employed with career management. Consider sponsoring a job seeker in need and help pay it forward!
- 11/6 Self-employment is the New World of Work: Re-assessing what you already know & start earning now!
- 11/9 Career Success Group
- 11/9 How to Help Introverts Succeed in the Age of Acceleration
- 11/10 Personal Branding + LinkedIn + Networking = Job Search Success BENG Meeting
- 11/10 Creating Your Ideal Job: A Masterclass
- 11/10 Chester County Business Executives Networking Group (BENG) Meeting
- 11/11 Resilience Building Phone Call-In
- 11/11 Business Executives Networking Group (BENG) Meeting
- 11/11 Speak Up to Stand OUt With the Power of Persuasion
- 11/12 Career Success Group
- 11/12 BENG Webinar Simplify Your Job Search Through T.R.U.S.T
- 11/12 Fall Women’s Author Panel
- 11/13 How to Use Social Media to Job Search
- 11/16 Career Success Group
- 11/16 Virtual Job Seeker Support Meeting
- 11/16 Business Executives Networking Group (BENG) Meeting
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Lynne Williams, Ed.D. Candidate (she/her/hers) is the Executive Director of the Philadelphia Area Great Careers Group, a nonprofit with over 6300 members and alumni. Contact Lynne by phone at 484-393-2951, email at email@example.com, on social media @GreatCareersPHL and #GreatCareersPHL and connect on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/in/lynnewilliams. Read our SCORE Success Story as a 2020 Small Business Achievement Award Winner!