Did you know that you can enhance your LinkedIn profile by adding media under the About section as well as under your Work Experience?
You can add documents, web links, photos, presentations, and videos, which you can edit or delete as needed.
Not all media types are supported and the maximum size is 300 MB or less with a maximum resolution of 120 megapixels.
Here is the list of the types of media you can upload, per LinkedIn:
- Adobe PDF (.pdf)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt/.pps/.pptx/.ppsx/.pot/.potx)
- Microsoft Word (.doc/.docx/.rtf)
- OpenOffice Presentation Document (.odp)
- OpenOffice Documents (.odt)
- Most .txt files
- .gif – this doesn’t support animation, however the first frame will be extracted
Here is a step-by-step to add non-video media (note that we will demo how to do that in a future article):
- To the far right of the About section, click on the blue pencil
- Click the appropriate choice of Upload or Link
- Click Upload, choose a file, click Apply and then Save
- For Link – paste or type a link to a file or a video and hit Add and then Apply and then Save
If you want to add media under a Work Experience, you click on the blue pen at the far right of that position and follow the same step-by-step as above.
Missed the previous LinkedIn article on LinkedIn? Click here!
If you need to attend a LinkedIn workshop, you will find the upcoming dates on the meetup under the events tab on our website. October 15 and 19 are the next scheduled workshops and they cover different content.
Need to accelerate your job search or manage your career? Explore our kickstarter offerings.
Don’t miss our upcoming featured events. If you are a working adult, come learn and network with us. You must be a member of the meetup before you can RSVP to any of these events and see the location and other details.
- 10/1/19 Personal Branding – Adrean Turner
- 10/2/19 Understanding Social Security Benefits – Mary Wagner
- 10/3, 10, 17, 24, 31/19 An Alternative Path to Job Search Success – Alex Freund (a 5 session series especially helpful for the long-term unemployed)
- 10/4/19 Ageism: What It Is, How to Identify It, and What To Do About It – Marc Miller (Speaker is coming in from Mexico to speak on 10/4, 107, and 10/8)
- 10/26/19 All Day Hands-on Job Search Accelerator with 4 subject matter experts – Brynne Tillman, Ford Myers, Alex Freund, Lynne Williams
Lynne Williams is the Executive Director of the Philadelphia Area Great Careers Group, a 501(c)3 nonprofit of over 4300 members providing career education and networking. Contact Lynne by phone at 484-393-2951, email at email@example.com, on social media @GreatCareersPHL and #GreatCareersPHL and connect on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/in/lynnewilliams Check out the new website!