LinkedIn is rolling out a new feature for “Open to Job Opportunities” that can be hidden and seen only by recruiters or can be publicly visible.
Finally, there will be a freedom of choice. This feature is not yet rolled out to everyone, so some will have to wait.
This is great news for jobseekers, especially for smaller recruiting firms who cannot afford the LinkedIn Recruiter platform. Recruiters (and everyone else) can readily see candidates who are searching if they make their “open to job opportunities” status public to all LinkedIn members. Beware if you are currently employed, as your colleagues will be able to see this if you choose to make it visible to the public.
There are some publishing parameters to note:
- Job title limit is set to five titles only
- Job location limit is set to five only
- Job type choice can be: full-time, contract, part-time, internship, volunteer, temporary, or remote
If you want to see what it looks like, visit my LinkedIn profile and look under my headline about 2 inches under my picture. If you click on “see all details”, you will be able to see the job titles, locations, and types I am seeking.
Want to read LinkedIn’s directions? Click here.
Don’t miss our upcoming featured events. If you are a working adult, come learn and network with us. You must be a member of the meetup before you can RSVP to any of these events or our partner events and see the location and other details.
- 10/18/19 Webinar – How to Unleash Your Inner Super Power to Reach Your Goals
- 10/19/19 LinkedIn Part 2 of 3 (come even if waitlisted)
- 10/21/19 Jobseeker Challenges Open Forum Discussion
- 10/21/19 Key “Buyers-Journey Strategies” to Inspire Buyers to Respond
- 10/22/19 Defining Your Brand That Delivers Irreplaceable Value
- 10/22/19 Inquirer / Monster Career Fair
- 10/22/19 Fall Bowing Social Networking Event
- 10/22/19 Website Set Up in Ten Steps
- 10/23/19 Nonprofit Career Fair
- 10/23/19 Virtual Career Success group Meeting
- 10/24/19 Resume Writing to Get Your Foot in the Door (excellent for veterans)
- 10/25/19 What’s Your Shtick? Personal Branding
- 10/26/19 All Day Hands-on Job Search Accelerator with 4 subject matter experts
Need to accelerate your job search or manage your career? Explore our kickstarter offerings.
Missed the previous LinkedIn article on LinkedIn? Click here!
Lynne Williams is the Executive Director of the Philadelphia Area Great Careers Group, a 501(c)3 nonprofit of over 4300 members providing career education and networking. Contact Lynne by phone at 484-393-2951, email at email@example.com, on social media @GreatCareersPHL and #GreatCareersPHL and connect on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/in/lynnewilliams Check out the website!