Freedom Village provides active senior living with resort-inspired services, amenities, social activities, chef-prepared cuisine, and onsite care that includes personal care, skilled nursing, memory care, and rehabilitation services.
The following Freedom Village careers are available:
Freedom Village at Brandywine is currently seeking a full-time administrative assistant to work in its maintenance department.
The candidate will work Monday to Friday on the day shift.
‘This role is responsible for meeting and greeting residents, guests, prospective employees, suppliers, vendors, and outside service providers in a warm and professional manner on a daily basis.
They are the first faces someone sees when visiting the community!
Responsibilities of the administrative assistant include:
- Provide ongoing telephone coverage.
- Solve issues presented by residents, guests, vendors, and suppliers in a manner so that both the organizational objectives are met as well as the individuals feel they were served appropriately.
- Keep difficult situations from escalating.
- Prepare maintenance work orders as requested by residents and staff.
- Assist the Director of Maintenance with projects/assignments.
This position requires:
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite products
- Must demonstrate excellent telephone communication skills
If you’re an enthusiastic, compassionate senior care professional who is passionate about hospitality and senior engagement- please apply
Find out more about this administrative assistant position.
Freedom Village at Brandywine is recruiting for a hospitality-focused Sous Chef to join its team.
This position is responsible for full-scope, hands-on production cooking in the Community Culinary Services Department. Is responsible for maintaining a superior level of quality service and cleanliness at all times.
Here are a few of the qualifications we need you to have:
- High school diploma
- Culinary degree preferred
- Minimum of one-year restaurant/senior living or equivalent cooking experience
Find out more about the Sous Chef position.
Freedom Village at Brandywine is seeking full- and part-time caregivers for its Personal Care Home and Memory Care Unit.
It is searching for compassionate caregivers with a strong desire to provide excellent care.
All caregivers will receive shift differential during the evenings and nights during the week and all day on the weekend.
Caregivers must complete the Direct Care Competency training and provide a copy of their certificate at the time of hire. If you are not certified, Freedom Village will provide you the opportunity to take and complete the course.
If you enjoy working with older adults, caring for and talking with them, learning from their stories, and seeing them smile, this is the job of a lifetime.
At Freedom Village at Brandywine, you can jump-start a senior living career or build the one you have.
Opportunities are available at all levels and all types of skills and expertise.
In this position, you will:
- Assist with ambulation and mobility
- Assist with personal care and hygiene
- Report any unusual incidents
- Act quickly and responsibly in cases of emergency
- Works as a member of the team.
- Gets along well with co-workers.
- Accepts change in a positive manner.
Candidates should have:
- Proven experience as a caregiver
- Excellent knowledge of emergency response and first aid (CPR)
- Willingness to adhere to health and safety standards
- Respectful and compassionate
- Good time management skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong ethics
- Physical endurance
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Can generate a warm, friendly, and caring manner on first impression
- Can communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, and visitors
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Can pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
Find out more about the Resident Caregiver position.
Candidates accepted for these positions are eligible for:
- Scholarships and educational assistance programs
- Extraordinary reward points
- Highly competitive occupancy and sales bonus program
- A monthly all-staff free lunch on Friday
- Serving on various employee-led committees
- A free and confidential employee assistance program
- Paid training, paid time off, and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, (401)K retirement