Montgomery County Community College is seeking applications for a full-time
Custodian, part-time Custodian, and custodial supervisor.
The custodian is to maintain a clean and sanitary environment at the college.
The schedule for the full-time custodian is from Monday to Friday, 3:00 PM to 11:30 PM; 40 hours per week on the Blue Bell campus.
The part-time custodian works Monday to Friday, 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM; 25 hours per week.
These positions requires a pre-employment drug screening test as a condition of
employment. The selected applicants must have a valid driver’s license.
The selected candidate should have the following credentials and skills:
- Must be physically capable of performing all duties on job description
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Ability to read, write, and follow routine instructions
- Ability to work within a team-oriented setting
- Functions as part of the emergency response team and is expected to work when the
college is closed, for emergencies.
- Must be able to lift trash containers weighing up to 30 pounds and deposit bags in larger
trash container on trash cart.
- Must be able to perform repetitive movements such as those involved in sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, polishing, washing walls and chalkboards.
- Must be able to perform repeated climbing and balancing on ladders.
- Must be able to push & pull and lift & carry for extended periods of time.
The Custodial Supervisor executes directions from the manager for the setup and breakdown of classes, activities, meetings
and special events, including facility use to outside organizations.
The Custodial Supervisor works 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM, Monday to Friday and must be able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays based on college needs.
This position has college-wide responsibilities that require travel between campuses and to offsite locations. The primary office location is the Blue Bell campus.
The job duties also include:
- Assisting college personnel by providing logistics for event setups and guidance on the availability of staff.
- Supporting college functions at al locations/
- Overseeing special projects.
- Adjusting schedule to provide necessary leadership to all staff on all shifts.
- Scheduling and supervising staff seven days per week, and all hours.
The selected candidate for the Custodial Supervisor position should have the following credentials and skills:
- High school diploma or GED required: Associate degree preferred.Two to four years’ experience in building cleaning/maintenance: at least one (1) year of which was in a custodial supervisory capacity, including planning & scheduling of work.
- Must possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Must pass the pre-employment drug testing requirements, and submit to the PA
Child Abuse Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Clearance, and the FBI
- Must be willing to travel between campuses as well as work nights, weekends,
and holidays based on college need. This includes weather emergencies, utility
failures, or hazards to life or property.
- Works with Manager, Assistant Director, and Director to restore campus from hazard or failure in the safest, most
expeditious manner possible.
For the complete job description and to apply for this position visit Montgomery County Community College’s website. This position is open until filled.
Montgomery County Community College Virtual Tour – Blue Bell Campus (with captions)