To celebrate its return, here’s Wawa sandwich rankings, the 10 hoagies from best to worst, according to Jason Sheehan of Philadelphia Magazine.
- The Gobbler. Of course. This portable Thanksgiving dinner is comfort on a roll.
- Classic Italian hoagie. Best as leftovers as long as there’s enough oil for the bread to stay soft and squishy.
- Ham Hoagie. A simple construction that makes a “damn fine sandwich.”
- Cheesesteak after midnight. For when everything’s closed, you’ve had a bad, good, or long night or forgotten to eat.
- Meatball parm. See 6.
- Meatball sandwich, standard. It’s the meatball sandwich to eat when you have to have a meatball sandwich, but none are available.
- Turkey hoagie. When you’re looking for something not exciting.
- Cheesesteak before midnight. There’s no reason to order this.
- Chicken/tuna salad. It’s never going to be as good as you think it is.
- Roasted veggie hoagie. For those trying to look like they’re eating healthier than the rest of us unless you’re a vegetarian, then go for it.
See the entire list of Wawa sandwich rankings and honorable mentions like fries and burgers in Philadelphia Magazine.