May 8 Update: ZIP Codes Where COVID-19 Has Spread the Most and The Least in Montgomery County

By
people in masks elbow bump
Image via Pexels.

The number of new COVID-19 cases in Montgomery County has been decreasing, write Sean Adams and Megan Lavey-Heaton for the Harrisburg Patriot-News. Here is the May 8 update for the spread of COVID-19.

covid update in montgomery county

Pennsylvania is set to lift coronavirus restrictions on Memorial Day, 2021.

The latest data compiled by the Pennsylvania Department of Health highlights the cases of COVID-19 infection in each ZIP Code statewide for the seven days ending May 5, 2021, compared to the seven days prior.

The highest increase in during this period was in ZIP code 19426 (Trappe) reported an increase of 2%, with 50 new cases, and the second highest was 1% in ZIP code 19446 (Lansdale) with 49 new cases recorded in the last week.

Zip Code 19403 (Norristown) reported an increase of 2% with 43 new cases. ZIP Code 19468 (Royersford) reported an increase of almost 2% with 32 new cases, while ZIP Code 19046 (Jenkintown) reported an increase of 3% with 32 new COVID-19 cases.

ZIP Code 19406 (King of Prussia) reported an increase of 2% with 28 new cases, ZIP Code 18073 (Red Hill) has an increase of 2% increase of new COVID-19 cases with a total of 17.

ZIP Code 19473 (Collegeville) also reported a 2% increase with 19 new cases. ZIP Code 19422 (Center Square) reported a 2% increase of 14 new cases.

In terms of where COVID-19 has spread the least, ZIP Code 19095 (Wyncote) has reported 1% new cases, 7 total; while ZIP Code 19004 (Bala Cynwyd) has 1% increase with 5 new cases. Zip Code 19453 (Mont Clare) has 2% increase with 1 new COVID-19 case. 

ZIP Codes 19477 (North Wales) and 19424 (Blue Bell) have reported zero new cases.

COVID-19 cases are decreasing in Montgomery County, but please continue wear a mask and wash your hands.

Read more about the ZIP Codes and the May 8 Update in Pennsylvania where COVID-19 is spreading the most and least in the Harrisburg Patriot-News here.

Advertisement