The National Junior College Athletic Association recently recognized the academic success of its student-athletes for the 2019-2020 school year, and included among them were 27 student-athletes from Harcum College who flourished in the classroom and earned GPAs of 3.6 or higher.
The number of honorees was a record high for Harcum.
Four teams at Harcum earned NJCAA Academic Team of the Year honors for their GPAs. The women’s basketball team earned the highest GPA (3.52) of any Harcum team and finished 12th nationally. Also, the men’s soccer team earned a 3.43 GPA, while the women’s soccer team and volleyball team recorded GPAs of 3.35 and 3.07, respectively.
“Harcum has a great tradition of excelling in competition and in the classroom,” said Drew Kelly, Harcum College’s Associate Vice President for Athletics. “Balancing a full load of academic courses and being a varsity athlete requires an immense amount of time and work. Congratulations to all the award winners.”
Student-athletes are eligible to earn academic honors by achieving an overall GPA of 3.6 or higher for the 2019-20 academic year. Criteria for the three All-Academic teams are listed below:
- NJCAA All-Academic First Team: 4.00 GPA
- NJCAA All-Academic Second Team: 3.80-3.99 GPA
- NJCAA All-Academic Third Team: 3.60-3.79 GPA
Harcum’s first-team honorees who registered perfect GPAs are:
- Mikael Alphonse, Men’s Basketball Haiti, who attend the Perkiomen School in Pennsburg, PA
- Luka Momic, Men’s Soccer, First Team, Belgrade, Serbia
- Mikala Williams, Women’s Basketball, First Team, Wamboin, Australia
Alphonse is a native of Haiti who attended the Perkiomen School. Momic hails from Serbia, and Williams is from Australia.
Harcum’s second-team honorees are:
- Joseph Adoo-Peters, Men’s Soccer
- Autumn Carthcart, Women’s Basketball
- Jennifer Conn, Women’s Soccer
- Michael Forde, Men’s Soccer
- Amra Isakovic, Volleyball
- Jean Jean-Baptiste, Men’s Soccer
- Ryan Kingsford, Men’s Soccer
- Thomas Lindsey, Men’s Soccer
- Dom London, Men’s Basketball
- Channick Ndong Nkoma, Men’s Basketball
- Sade Orija, Women’s Basketball
- Kaeleigh Serianni, Women’s Soccer
- Courtney Stevens, Women’s Soccer
- Courtney Turner, Women’s Basketball
- Wynter Webb, Women’s Basketball
Harcum’s third-team honorees are:
- Rosemery Aguilera, Volleyball
- Marit Blokzijl, Volleyball
- Jaclyn Castell, Women’s Soccer
- Samantha Comonitski, Women’s Soccer
- Cassidy Hoops, Women’s Soccer
- Daniel Roth, Men’s Soccer
- Anna Salomonsson, Women’s Soccer
- Sierra Tarantino, Women’s Soccer
- Ariel White, Women’s Basketball
Click here to learn more about Harcum College.
You Might Also Like