Gene Marks, a business owner who’s a frequent flyer, offers some inside knowledge of Philadelphia International Airport for phillymag.com.
- Fly American: They have more options for travel.
- Join the Admiral’s Club: It’s quiet, has coffee, oatmeal with cinnamon, a bar and working internet.
- Ignore those “available spaces” lights at the parking garages: They don’t work.
- Picking someone up from an international flight? Park on the 3rd floor of terminal A-West. It leads right out to the International Arrivals Hall.
- The best food is in Terminal F.
- Bring batteries to avoid floor plugs that don’t work and inconveniently located charging stations.
- Sign up for TSA Pre-check if you travel more than three times a year.
- Don’t go too early: TSA doesn’t even open until 4:30AM or even as late as 4:45AM.
- Use FlightAware before you fly: Find your return flight gate, then park there to save walking time to the garage.
- Take the SEPTA train. It runs twice an hour. It’s $8, a quarter of what you’ll pay for a cab to Center City.
Read more about the airport’s secrets here.