By Lynne Williams
LinkedIn has rolled out another new feature. You can now post an event from your desktop or on the app on your mobile device. I just created my first ever event on LinkedIn and am so excited about this, so I had to share.
Here is how to access it from your mobile device from the app:
- Tap on your profile picture at the top left
- Tap on the + sign to the right of the word Events
- Fill out the info
To use it on the desktop:
- Click on the blue and white IN button at the top left so you have 3 columns
- Tap on the + sign to the right of the word Events in the far left column
- Fill out the info
The event can be set to public or private with the following:
- Time zone
- Name of Event
- Venue Details
- Date and Time of start and end
- Event description
- External URL
To read LinkedIn’s directions, click here.
Don’t miss our upcoming featured events. If you are a working adult, come learn and network with us. You must be a member of the meetup before you can RSVP to any of these events or our partner events and see the location and other details.
- 10/26/19 All Day Hands-on Job Search Accelerator with 4 subject matter experts
- 10/28/19 The Job Search Process for Mature Candidates
- 10/28/19 Meaning, Impact, & Legacy in Mid Career
- 10/28/19 Networking for Career Change
- 10/30/19 Virtual Zoom Career Support Group Meeting
- 10/31/19 PowerThinking Resilience Building Call-In
Need to accelerate your job search or manage your career? Explore our kickstarter offerings.
Missed the previous LinkedIn article on LinkedIn? Click here!
Lynne Williams is the Executive Director of the Philadelphia Area Great Careers Group, a 501(c)3 nonprofit of over 4300 members providing career education and networking. Contact Lynne by phone at 484-393-2951, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, on social media @GreatCareersPHL and #GreatCareersPHL and connect on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/in/lynnewilliams Check out the website!