Did you know you could make a voice recorded message on LinkedIn up to one minute? It’s a dictated message; not voice to text and you can send it to an individual or a group, as long as they are 1st degree connections.
First thing’s first – check your profile settings in LinkedIn to make sure you are receiving messages in your messaging list, as well as via email, especially if you are not checking LinkedIn morning, noon, and night like some people (like me)! You don’t want to miss important communiques from your connections!
If you are prompted to allow LinkedIn to access your microphone, tap OK.
You need to be on your mobile device in the LinkedIn app to follow these instructions.
Reply to a message to an individual using a voice message:
- tap on the message you want to reply to
- tap the microphone (voice messaging) icon
- Tap the blue circle and hold it down and dictate the message
- release and tap send
Send a voice message to a group:
- tap the messaging icons in the top right of the screen
- tap the heads with the + sign in the top right of the screen
- type the names of the people you want to add to the group
- enter a group name if desired
- tap next
- tap the microphone icon and hold it down and dictate the message
- release to send
Want to read the instructions by LinkedIn? Click here.
If you need to attend a LinkedIn workshop, you will find the upcoming dates on the meetup under the events tab on our website.
Don’t miss our upcoming featured events. If you are a working adult, come learn and network with us. You must be a member of the meetup before you can RSVP to any of these events or our partner events and see the location and other details.
- 10/14/19 Using the Marketing Mix to Rise Above the Competition – Curtis Jenkins (author of “The Only Job Search Book You Will Ever Need”)
- 10/15/19 Website Set Up in 10 Steps – Tom Knoble
- 10/15/19 Strategic Research-based Approaches to LinkedIn – Lynne Williams
- 10/16/19 The Art of Networking In Person & Online – Lynne Williams
- 10/19/19 LinkedIn Part 2 of 3 – Lynne Williams
- 10/26/19 All Day Hands-on Job Search Accelerator with 4 subject matter experts – Brynne Tillman, Ford Myers, Alex Freund, Lynne Williams FREE Applicant Tracking System resume done for you if you sign up on or before October 18th!
Need to accelerate your job search or manage your career? Explore our kickstarter offerings.
Missed the previous LinkedIn article on LinkedIn? Click here!
Lynne Williams is the Executive Director of the Philadelphia Area Great Careers Group, a 501(c)3 nonprofit of over 4300 members providing career education and networking. Contact Lynne by phone at 484-393-2951, email at email@example.com, on social media @GreatCareersPHL and #GreatCareersPHL and connect on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/in/lynnewilliams Check out the website!