By Lynne Williams
If you have a free LinkedIn account, you may have received a warning that you were approaching your commercial use limit of 300 searches in a month. Your searching ability may actually come to an abrupt halt if you reached the maximum views by viewing too quickly.
This happens because you have viewed too many profiles on your mobile device or desktop or you looked at the profiles in the “People Also Viewed” section.
You do not get dinged for browsing for jobs on the jobs tab, for looking at your first level connections, or by searching by name in the search box at the top left of your profile.
What LinkedIn hopes you will do is purchase a premium plan on 1) Sales Navigator, 2) Recruiter, or 3) Premier Business. Any of these upgrades will allow increasing the number of searches you are allowed.
Upgrading to the Career and Premium Essentials plans have no bearing on increasing your commercial limits, as both of those are subject to the 300 searches also.
If, for example, you set up your account on the 16th of the month, your month would typically end on the 15th of the next month.
However, for the purposes of the reset for commercial use limit, you must wait until the 1st of the following month to reset your new count of 300.
In order to curtail your searches on LinkedIn, read this previous article on doing Boolean searches for LinkedIn on Google. If there is a will, there is a way!
Don’t miss our upcoming featured events. If you are a working adult, come learn and network with us. You must be a member of the meetup before you can RSVP to any of these events on meetup and see location details.
- 9/16/19 Jobseeker Challenges Open Forum Discussion
- 9/17/19 Website Setup in Ten Steps
- 9/18/19 The Art of Networking In Person and Online
- 9/18/19 Inaugural Virtual Career Success Group Meeting on Zoom
- 9/21/19 Jump Start Your Job Search
- 9/25/19 Women’s Workshop, Follow Up Calls, a personalized The Book of You®, & The Birkman Method® personality assessment > What Do You Want From Your Career and How Do You Get It?
- 10/3, 10, 17, 24, 31/19 An Alternative Path to Job Search Success (a 5 session series especially helpful for the long-term unemployed)
- 10/26/19 All Day Hands-on Job Search Accelerator with 4 subject matter experts
Need to accelerate your job search or manage your career? Explore our kickstarter offerings.
Missed the previous LinkedIn article on Reinventing and Repurposing Your Career on LinkedIn? Click here!
Lynne Williams is the Executive Director of the Philadelphia Area Great Careers Group, a 501(c)3 nonprofit of almost 4,300 members providing career education and networking.
Contact Lynne by phone at 484-393-2951, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, on social media @GreatCareersPHL and #GreatCareersPHL and connect on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/in/lynnewilliams Check out the new website!