Lidl announced it will open its fourth store in Pennsylvania on Wednesday, September 4, at 8:00 a.m. The new store is located at 1831 E. Ridge Pike in Royersford. The ribbon cutting event, which will begin at 7:40 a.m., will kick off a weekend of get-them-while-you-can special offers, giveaways, and prizes for shoppers.
On top of the special offers during the grand opening, shoppers will enjoy reliably low prices and see a price-cutting effect at other stores in the region. A study from the University of North Carolina found that grocery stores located near Lidl stores dropped their prices for individual products by as much as 55 percent.
“The team and I have been prepping for grand opening and we can’t wait to welcome everyone to the store on September 4,” said Royersford Store Manager Tim Pianka. “We are eager to introduce customers in Royersford to the award-winning, high quality products and convenient shopping experience.”
Customers will be able to take advantage of get-them-while-you-can grand opening special offers at the new Royersford store. It will include the following:
- The first 100 customers will be presented with a special gift card ranging from $5 to $100 each.
- Shoppers can get free samples of an array of Lidl’s products and a complimentary Lidl reusable bag while supplies last.
- Games, activities, prizes, special deals and giveaways throughout grand opening weekend.
Rethink Grocery Shopping
Lidl has been repeatedly recognized for its shopping experience. Food & Wine magazine recently ranked Lidl a Top 3 U.S. Supermarket – ahead of retailers like Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods. Lidl has also won more than 500 U.S. awards for its exclusive products.
When entering the Royersford store, shoppers can also expect to experience the following:
- Attractive, Easy-to-Shop & Newly-Built Store: The Royersford store will be a newly constructed facility, featuring an easy-to-shop layout with six wide aisles and plentiful natural light.
- Fresh Baked Goods: Customers will be greeted each day with the smell of Lidl’s top-quality breads and pastries, which are baked fresh throughout the day. A bakery will be located at the entrance of the store.
- High Quality American Products: Lidl works with thousands of American partners and suppliers. Roughly nine out of ten high quality products sold at Lidl are its exclusive private label brands, and a majority of Lidl’s everyday assortment is sourced in America by Lidl’s U.S. team.
- Local Careers and Local Team: Lidl’s new store brings dozens of career opportunities to Royersford and further deepens the strong local team Lidl has built across the East Coast.
- Healthy, Sustainable Choices: Lidl is committed to offering a wide range of healthy and sustainable options. All fresh and frozen seafood in Lidl’s everyday assortment is certified by either the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC), Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP), or the Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC). Lidl’s high-quality private label products also have no certified synthetic colors, added MSG or partially hydrogenated oils (PHOs) containing trans fats.
- Organic and Gluten-Free Options: Lidl carries a variety of organic and gluten-free items including organic fruit, vegetables, meat, dairy, and packaged food items, which will all be available at the lowest possible prices.
- Lidl Surprises: Lidl offers an ever-changing selection of non-food products each week that will be in stores for a limited time. The selection will include fitness gear, small kitchen appliances, toys, and outdoor furniture, among other non-food items.
- Store Hours: Lidl is open during prime shopping times. The new Royersford store will be open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday-Sunday.
Lidl operates 10,800 stores in 29 countries, offering customers the highest quality fresh produce, meat, bakery items and a wide array of household products at the lowest possible prices. Lidl first established its U.S. headquarters in Arlington County, Virginia, in June 2015, and today sells its award-winning products in more than 65 stores across nine east coast states. For more information, visit www.Lidl.com.