H & C Giamo Employee Helps Out Residents in Burning House

Jessie Vargas, an employee of Conshohocken waste management company H & C Giamo, rushed into danger to help residents in a burning home.

Jessie Vargas, an employee of H & C Giamo, Conshohocken’s waste management company, rushed into a smoke filled home in Trenton on Wednesday morning to assist a family who were trying to put out a growing fire, writes Kevin Shea for NJ.com.

On entering the house, Vargas rushed upstairs to help a mother and daughter who were trying to put out flames in a second-floor bedroom with buckets of water. However, soon the smoke and flames grew too much, so he assisted the women out of the house just as Trenton firefighters and EMS arrived.

The two women were taken to a city hospital by ambulance after suffering smoke inhalation. However, once outside, Vargas started up Facebook live on his cell phone and began broadcasting from the scene.

[uam_ad id=”51712″]


The footage shows flames and thick smoke rising from the home on 900 block of Greenwood Avenue, along with the actions of the incoming Trenton fire companies.

Trenton Fire Battalion Chief Michael Welsh praised Vargas for assisting the women.

“It was a mother and daughter, trying to put the fire out with water from a bathroom sink and as the smoke increased, he got them out of there,” said Welsh.

Read more about the good Samaritan at NJ.com by clicking here.

[uam_ad id=”52088″]

Top photo credit: Official U.S. Air Force 170110-F-NI493-091 via photopin (license)

Stay Connected, Stay Informed

Subscribe for great stories in your community!

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.