Manor College hosted several prominent members of the sports management industry on Tuesday night, an evening that began with a meet-and-greet followed by a panel discussion.
Among the panelists were:
- Ken Dunek, Former Philadelphia Eagle and Publisher of JerseyMan/PhillyMan magazine
- Mark Gress, Vice President of Recruiting at Prodigy Sports
- Michael Drobnick, Inside Sales at Philadelphia 76ers
- Christian Molnar, Director of Team Relationships at Philadelphia Eagles
- Katie Rose Thornton, Experienced Collegiate Athletic Executive
- Anthony J. Monaco, National Director of Sales at Complete Ticket Solutions
The panelists discussed a variety of topics, including how they got started in their careers, what they look for in job candidates, and how their education influenced them. Dunek told the audience that passion and desire are two very important attributes he looks for.
“When you wake up and can’t wait to get to your job, it’s the best possible feeling,” he said. “That passion will fuel you to tell your story.”
J.P. Lutz – Assistant Professor of Business, Technology, and Legal Studies at Manor College – planned the event as part of a speaker series he puts on several times a year.
“This was a great opportunity for students to learn from different top-level sports executives,” he said. “We developed an incredible panel, with executives who all have different experiences and backgrounds. Each panel member gave a unique perspective and discussed great opportunities for students who are interested in the sports industry.”
The Sports and Recreational Management program at Manor College provides many opportunities for students to deepen their business skills and passion for the industry.