Manor College – a Catholic institution, founded in 1947 by the Byzantine Ukrainian Sisters of Saint Basil the Great, that offers 38 Associate’s Degree programs – hosted its newest students and their parents, a total of more than 400 people, for orientation last week.
And officials at the Jenkintown school are hoping to have even more visitors on campus this week.
Manor College is laying out the red carpet for the hundreds of students in the region who were sent scrambling to find a way to continue their education, after ITT Technical Institute recently shut down.
Today, Manor is hosting Accelerated Enrollment for ITT Tech Students Day from 9 AM-5 PM.
There is a continuing need in today’s digital world for people who can understand and innovate within a technology-based environment. Manor believes it can provide the students who were learning how to do so at ITT Tech an opportunity that will maximize their transfer credits, knowledge, and prior life experience.
Manor is offering these incentives to anyone looking to transfer from ITT Tech:
- Acceptance of up to 30 eligible transfer credits
- Free application
- 36-hour unofficial transcript evaluations to determine the maximum number of eligible transfer credits
- Financial aid is available
- Traditional, hybrid, and fully online programs are available for students – earning an Associate’s Degree is not only flexible, but also achievable
Manor’s Information Systems and Technology (IST) program gives students introductory IST concepts and skills, along with a strong liberal arts and business foundation. The IST program offers three tracks in which students are encouraged to follow:
- Transfer track where students prepare for an entry-level position as a junior programmer, network administrator, or personal computer support staff; or pursue further studies toward a Bachelor’s Degree in IST.
- Design Technology track where students prepare for an entry-level position in desktop publishing or website design and development; or pursue further studies toward a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, e-Commerce, or Marketing
- Networking track where students prepare for an entry-level position as a network administrator, computer technician, or computer support staff; or pursue further studies toward a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Networking or a related IST field.
Manor also offers an Information Systems and Technology Workforce Certificate, enabling students to study technology with the purpose of joining the workforce upon graduation. This field provides a variety of different opportunities, ranging from very technical positions (such as computer science and software engineering) to positions that require stronger communications and less technical expertise (technology marketing and marketing support).