Professional photographers may have clearer insight into wedding venues than any other nuptial-services provider, having assessed settings, both tony and tacky, for visual appeal. Angela and Drew Willingham, Lansdale, compiled a Montgomery County best wedding venue list on The Willinghams, their website.
Their top ten are:
- Cairnwood Estate, the Beaux Arts mansion of the industrialist Pitcairn family in Bryn Athyn
- Philander Chase Knox Estate, a 1700s-built home of its namesake owner onsite at Valley Forge
- Normandy Farm, Blue Bell, whose campus accommodates large and small weddings and a convenient onsite hotel
- Appleford Estate, Villanova, a fieldstone home reflecting early Pennsylvania architecture
- Barn on Bridge, Collegeville, a now-renovated vintage barn once part of a 1700s dairy farm
- Les Jardins (The Gardens) at Talamore, Ambler, which won the 2020 Wedding Wire Couples Choice award
- MOYO, Schwenksville, a unique setting that, when it’s not hosting events, is an operational yoga studio
- Graeme Park, Horsham, the 1722 home of the Provincial Governor of Pennsylvania
- Elmwood Park Zoo, Norristown, the only site to offer an after-ceremony, giraffe-feeding session
- The Loft at Landis Creek, Limerick, whose golf-course setting is ideal for photography
More recommendations for area weddings — both in Montgomery County and beyond — is at The Willinghams.
Some tips for couples planning an outdoor wedding.