Montgomery County Community College invites applications for the Manager, Youth Engagement and Educational Pathways position. The Manager, Youth Engagement and Educational Pathways is responsible for creating new and innovative pathways to early childhood and youth engagement through opportunities that build community partnerships, as well as support the College’s diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility initiatives.
Under the leadership of the Director of Educational Engagement & Innovation, the Manager of Youth Engagement and Educational Pathways will develop, synthesize, and facilitate new youth educational engagement programming as well as steward ongoing early childhood initiatives at the College.
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Educational Leadership, Human Services, or a related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Two years of experience in classroom and/or informal educational settings using computer-assisted instruction.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of PA early learning, Common Core, NGSS, and higher education standards.
- Proven experience with program and curriculum development.
- Experience with budget management as well as grants management and oversight.
- Passionate about higher education, particularly in STEM/STEAM initiatives.
- Excellent administrative, oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Communicate effectively with children and adults.
- Work in multicultural settings.
- Lead in-person and virtual programs with strong presentation and communication skills.
- Adapt during program delivery to satisfy real-time scenarios.
- Troubleshoot and learn new technology.
- Handle multiple tasks.
- Work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, including Internet, email, database, spreadsheet, word processing and presentation experience.
- Amenable to flexible schedule; ability to work occasional evenings, weekends, and some MCCC administrative holidays.
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred, but not required.
Montgomery County Community College offers a comprehensive curriculum of more than 100 degree and certificate programs, a Virtual Campus, a Culinary Arts Institute, a Municipal Police Academy, and specialized workforce development programs, all of which leverage the College’s nationally ranked use of innovative technology. An Achieving the Dream (AtD) Leader College, the institution is positioned at the vanguard of national efforts to increase completion, improve learning outcomes, and remove barriers to access for more than 24,000 students annually.
The College is also recognized regionally and nationally for its sustainability leadership, work with military veterans, and community service and service learning opportunities. Montgomery County Community College was recognized by NISOD and Diverse: Issues in Higher Education as one of sixteen “2021 Promising Places to Work in Community Colleges.”
For the complete job description and to apply for this position, please visit here.
This position is open until 5/22/2022.
Montgomery County Community College (MCCC) has a strong institutional commitment to diversity and is dedicated to excellence through diversity in education and employment. MCCC, an EEO Employer, provides equal employment and educational opportunities to all who are qualified. In keeping with the College’s diversity initiative, MCCC seeks and welcomes applications from diverse candidates, those who have had multicultural experience, and those who can demonstrate a commitment to diversity.