Eleven Montgomery County public high schools are among the top 50 in Pennsylvania for 2022, according to a new ranking recently released by Niche.
To determine the ranking for its 2022 Best Public High Schools in Pennsylvania list, Niche used a rigorous analysis of key statistics using data provided by the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews written by students and parents.
The metrics used include SAT and ACT scores, college readiness, graduation scores, teacher quality, and high school ratings.
Schools were then graded using eight categories, with Academics having the highest weight.
All schools on the top 50 list received an A+ or an A grade for their overall score.
For local schools, Harriton Senior High School ranked highest in fifth place.
The school has an average graduation rate of 96 percent. Ninety-four percent of its students are proficient in reading and 87 percent are proficient in math.
Here is the full list of all Montgomery County schools that made the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania:
- 5. Harriton Senior High School, Rosemont
- 6. Lower Merion High School, Ardmore
- 18. Wissahickon Senior High School, Ambler
- 24. Upper Dublin High School, Fort Washington
- 25. Plymouth-Whitemarsh Senior High School, Plymouth Meeting
- 26. Spring-Ford Senior High School, Royersford
- 28. Lower Moreland High School, Huntingdon Valley
- 32. North Penn Senior High School, Lansdale
- 39. Upper Merion High School, King of Prussia
- 41. Perkiomen Valley High School, Collegeville
- 49. Abington Senior High School, Abington
See the entire ranking at Niche by clicking here.