King of Prussia-based Qlik has unveiled an interactive data analytics site – entitled The Pandemic Effect on the Fortune 500 – in partnership with Fortune magazine to coincide with the publication of the 2021 Fortune 500 list.
In its second year as the official analytics partner of the Fortune 500, Qlik is delivering a unique data visualization experience that builds on the inaugural data-driven exploration of the Fortune 500, providing a journey through the crises that have shaped the Fortune 500 over the years, especially the recent COVID-19 crisis.
Qlik and Fortune will also deliver a similar experience for the Fortune Global 500 later this year.
“The Pandemic Effect on the Fortune 500 is a unique window into the state of the financial world and markets,” said Rick Jackson, CMO of Qlik. “Expanding the scope of our initial visual exploration, Qlik’s unique analytics platform is bringing to life the data behind the story of how crises have impacted markets and sectors throughout recent history.”
Similar to last year, the site details the revenue and performance of the sectors and industries that shape the 2021 Fortune 500, while showcasing the impact of various crises on market performance, including:
- Starting with 1971, visitors will walk through “A Lifetime of Crises,” an exploration of how various global crises have impacted the profits of the Fortune 500.
- The detailed interactive exploration will show the impact of different unique crises, including the 1970s Oil Price Shock and Stagflation, the early 2000s DotCom Bubble, the 2008-09 Global Financial Crisis, and this past year’s COVID-19 pandemic.
- The site enables visitors to compare the relative impact of different crises – for example visualizing the impact of the DotCom Bubble vs. the 2008-09 Financial Crisis.
- Visitors are able to explore the impact of the COVID-19 crisis on the profits of various sectors of the Fortune 500.
- Visitors can explore a case study of the changing landscape of the energy sector and petroleum refining industry from 2011 to 2021.
“Fortune is pleased to partner with Qlik once more to provide our readers with modern data visualizations showcasing the rich history of the Fortune 500,” said Alan Murray, CEO of Fortune. “These data visualizations tell the story of how global events have impacted market leaders’ standings on the list and offer a striking look at how the recent pandemic has shaped America’s largest companies.”