Montgomery County reported 25 new positive cases of COVID-19 as of Friday, May 28th, 2021, bringing the total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases to 58,905 countywide since March 7, 2020.
There are currently 85 people hospitalized in Montgomery County hospitals due to severe COVID-19 symptoms. Of those COVID-19 patients, 14 are on ventilators.
There are no new COVID-19 deaths reported in Montgomery County since the last report. The current total deaths are numbered at 1,325 in Montgomery County, since March 7, 2020.
The COVID-19 vaccine is available for everyone age 16 and over who lives or works in Montgomery County, as well as the Pfizer vaccine for teens aged 12-15. Anyone under the age of 18 attending a COVID-19 vaccination clinic must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
The County is booking appointments for people in Phases 1A, 1B and 1C, appointments are available and walk- up appointments are available too.
- The Pennsylvania Department of Health has released a map that highlights all the locations that are providing the COVID-19 vaccine in Montgomery County to those who are eligible within the first phase of the state’s rollout plan.
- Residents are encouraged to check the county’s frequently asked questions webpage on the COVID-19 vaccine, which is being updated weekly.
- Call: 833-875-3967, Monday – Saturday (8:00am – 8:00pm)
Walk-ups are for first doses (Pfizer) or the Johnson & Johnson single-dose vaccine only.
Second doses will be scheduled by email or phone as needed.
Vaccine clinics operated by the Montgomery County OPH will be open for walk-up appointments on the following schedule this week:
Weekly vaccine clinic schedules and walk-up availability are posted here, or Montco residents can call the Montgomery County COVID-19 hotline at (833) 875-3967 for a list of locations and hours. For directions and parking information, click here.
Montgomery County is currently vaccinating people in all phases with Pfizer vaccine and the Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccine.
County Vaccination Clinics:
- Bethel Community Church, 575 North Keim St., Pottstown, PA 19464 (Weekday and Saturday hours)
- Bethlehem Baptist Church, 712 Penllyn Pike, Spring House, PA 19477 (All Saturdays in May)
- Trinity Lutheran Church, 1000 W. Main St., Lansdale, PA 19446
- Montgomery County Community College, Health Sciences Center, 340 DeKalb Pike, Blue Bell, PA 19422
- Norristown Area High School, 1900 Eagle Drive, Norristown, PA 19403
- Parkside Shopping Center (between Planet Fitness and Rally House), 2522 West Moreland Road, Willow Grove, PA 19090
In Pennsylvania, approximately 10,385,967 total vaccines have been administered.
The following is an update in COVID-19 data from Montgomery County’s neighboring counties, as provided by the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
As of May 28th, 2021:
|County||Total Cases||Total Deaths|
Pennsylvania COVID-19 Update:
The Pennsylvania Department of Health reported 941 new positive cases of COVID-19 on May 28th, 2021, bringing the statewide total to 1,199,536 cases.
There are 1,172 people currently hospitalized due to severe COVID-19 symptoms (a decrease from last report), with 296 of those people in intensive care, a decrease from last report.
There were 40 new COVID-19 deaths reported across the State, bringing the State’s total death registry to 27,163.
Vaccine highlights, Federal data representing all 67 counties:
- According to the CDC, as of Thursday morning, May 27, Pennsylvania has administered first doses of vaccine to 57.3% of its entire population, and the state ranks 9th among all 50 states for first doses administered by percentage of population.
- According to the CDC, as of Thursday morning, May 27, 52.7% of Pennsylvanians age 18 and older are fully vaccinated while 70% have received their first dose.
- According to the CDC, as of Thursday morning, May 27, Pennsylvania ranks 5th among all 50 states for total doses administered.
Statewide data representing the 66 counties within the Department of Health’s vaccine jurisdiction:
- Vaccine providers have administered 10,385,967 total vaccine doses as of Thursday, May 27.
- 4,589,247 people are fully vaccinated; with a seven-day moving average of more than 58,400 people per day receiving vaccinations.
- 1,589,315 people are partially vaccinated, meaning they have received one dose of a two-dose vaccine.
- 6,178,562 people have received at least their first dose.
- This week, a total of 10,749,200 doses will have been allocated through May 29:
- 297,520 first/single doses will have been allocated this week.
- 297,520 second doses will have been allocated this week.
Mask-wearing is required in all businesses and whenever leaving home. Fully vaccinated people are permitted to participate in some activities without a mask based on CDC guidance. Consistent mask-wearing is critical to preventing the spread of COVID-19.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Cover any coughs or sneezes with your elbow, not your hands.
- Clean surfaces frequently.
- Stay home to avoid spreading COVID-19, especially if you are unwell.
- If you must go out, you are required to wear a mask when in a business or where it is difficult to maintain proper social distancing.
COVID-19 Testing in Montgomery County
Montgomery County’s testing sites are by appointment only. Register online or call 610-970-2937, and are self-administered.
Additional testing sites, many of which operate over the weekend, can be found here.