When someone you know suffers from trauma, it can often be difficult to know how to help.
Through its Education Institute, The Lincoln Center for Family and Youth (TLC) seeks to be a valuable resource by providing trauma training and action steps to organizations and individuals looking for ways to help those in need.
TLC’s Education Institute offers training in 1 to 4-hour sessions or full day sessions, based on the individual needs of various teams in agencies, schools or corporations.
The training provides practical information and evidence-based approaches to trauma treatment, with presentations based on academic research.
TLC works closely with each organization to develop their own personalized training series based on their needs. Socioeconomic and multicultural considerations are given throughout the presentations, as well as the systemic impacts of trauma and pathways to health and wellness.
The training works at three levels as it explores the definition of trauma: Introductory, Advanced and Custom.
- Introductory Trauma Trainings focus on childhood trauma like bullying, dealing with trauma in the home, at school and trauma perpetuated through institutions and online. Topics include:
- Trauma Informed Care: An introduction to Trauma
- Trauma in Childhood & Adolescents: The Impact of Trauma on Youth
- Trauma for Parents, Caregivers and Educators: Practical Understanding & Approach
- Trauma & Addiction: An Individualist Approach
- Trans-generational Trauma & Family Systems: Pathways to Breaking Cycles
- Understanding Trauma in the Classroom: Bridging the Gap for Educators
- Healthy Relationship Building: Structuring Successful Interactions
- Vicarious Trauma in Systems: Schools, Agencies and Inter-professionals
- Advanced Trauma Training covers sexual trauma, addiction and mental health as it relates to trauma. In these trainings, TLC offers techniques and approaches to treat and support those who have experienced trauma by helping individuals develop positive patterns, healthy relationships and trauma competencies. Topics include:
- Sexual Trauma: Behavior, Boundaries & Attachment
- Trauma, Addiction & The System: Optimizing Successful Outcomes
- Chaos Cycles & Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: Applications for Creating Positive Patterns
- Healthy Relationship Building for Trauma: Foundations for Success
- Vicarious Trauma & Systemic Stigma: Techniques & Applications
- Developing Trauma Competencies: Advanced Approaches & Treatment Methods
The Custom Intensive Trainings center on creating a program that best fits an organization. TLC’s team spends time observing organizational culture and shadowing team members to develop an appropriate training program. These programs are usually completed in 6 to 12 sessions.
The training offered at the Education Institute is the result of TLC’s passion for serving those who have experienced trauma, focusing on providing holistic as well as evidence-based methodologies for improving outcomes.
By providing this service, TLC aims to strengthen the safety net system in Montgomery County and promote opportunities for additional collaboration among the numerous other organizations that are already providing a wealth of services throughout the community.
The Lincoln Center for Family and Youth (TLC) is a nonprofit, human service, community-based organization that provides alternative education, coaching, and counseling services to individuals and families in the Greater Philadelphia Area.
Learn more about the Lincoln Center and the Education Institute by clicking here.