By Lynne Williams
There are a couple of key hashtags being used on LinkedIn for job seekers and these are #ONO and #opentowork
#ONO stands for open to new opportunities, and this can be in your headline or within your profile. It is searchable. Just type #ONO in the search bar and see, for yourself, what pops up.
#opentowork is also an option where you can let your network know you are open to new opportunities. Read this article, as well as other related articles on LinkedIn’s knowledge base for further details.
Type #opentowork in the search bar and see what pops up.
You can make this #opentowork feature public, so everyone sees it on your profile, or you can choose to make it open to recruiters only. Choosing open to recruiters would be the better choice if you are employed and privately looking for a job.
If you choose to share it with all LinkedIn members and make it open to the public, there is a new #opentowork green photo frame available on LinkedIn. The perception of this photo frame might be either desperate for a job or ready to work, just like Santa is ready for Christmas in July.
As we are each entitled to our own opinions, you decide what is best for you.
If you are a job seeker, make sure you look for urgent need jobs that companies are trying to fill.
Are you still hoping to stay safe at home and work remotely? There is a list of over 300 links for remote jobs and resources, and this supports a local nonprofit that helps job seekers, and you get so many other valuable benefits.
Missed the previous article on LinkedIn Pride: What Are Your Pronouns? Click here
Upcoming July Events
- 7/3 Interviewing Techniques with The Interview Doctor
- 7/6 Career Success Group Meeting
- 7/7 Project Planning Your Job Search
- 7/8 PowerThinking Resiliency Building Call
- 7/8 Business Executives Networking Group (BENG) Meeting
- 7/8 Keeping Up with LinkedIn Changes
- 7/9 Career Success Group Meeting
- 7/9 Business Executives Networking Group (BENG) Meeting
- 7/10 Interviewing Techniques with The Interview Doctor
- 7/13 Career Success Group Meeting
- 7/13 Your Nonprofit Career In the New Economy: The Campaign for You
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Lynne Williams is the Executive Director of the Philadelphia Area Great Careers Group. Contact Lynne by phone at 484-393-2951, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, on social media @GreatCareersPHL and #GreatCareersPHL and connect on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/in/lynnewilliams. Check out the new website!