By David Zellers
While we work to understand the full impact of the coronavirus and help all those impacted, communication and awareness are key. It is more important than ever for everyone to work together in our organizations, our communities, and beyond to come through this united in purpose and strength.
Updates on just some of what is happening to help businesses and workers in Montgomery County:
- Pennsylvania’s local and regional economic development organizations held a conference call with state and federal officials to finalize the process of making Pennsylvania businesses eligible for SBA Disaster Relief Loans on Monday, March 16th; the goal is that the certification will be approved in days and the SBA will begin taking loan applications shortly thereafter.
- The Montgomery County Commerce Department has created the MontcoStrong Economic and Workforce Development Response Team comprised of the Chambers of Commerce and other leading stakeholders in the County’s economic and workforce development ecosystem to disseminate information and ensure the every effort to help our workforce, our communities, and our employers is done collaboratively.
- The economic development leaders of Southeast Pennsylvania are coordinating on a survey for businesses impacted by COVID-19. Additionally, the group is working on finalizing requests for resources, policies, and programs to be communicated to officials in Harrisburg and Washington, DC. The region’s economic development leaders are united in working together to ensure that Southeast Pennsylvania emerges with greater strength and determination from the current situation.
Resources and Information for Montgomery County Employers and the Workforce
- Montgomery County Commerce Department Business Assistance Request Form – https://www.montcopa.org/FormCenter/Commerce-18/Business-Assistance-Request-90
- Montgomery County COVID-19 Data Hub – montco.pa.org/COVID-19
- COVID-19 Data Hub info for Employers – https://data-montcopa.opendata.arcgis.com/pages/covid-19-business
- SEPA Regional COVID-19 Business Impact Survey – https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/d805663f537744ccb79ae18a569a1acb
- COVID-19 Data HUB info for Workforce (includes Unemployment Compensation Information) – https://webapp02.montcopa.org/health/coronavirus/WFDandUCInfoforDataHub.pdf
- SBA’s COVID-19 Information – https://www.sba.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-guidance-loan-resources
- SBA’s COVID-19 Disaster Relief Loan Program – https://www.sba.gov/disaster-assistance/coronavirus-covid-19
Everyone is encouraged to stay apprised of what is happening by following all of Montgomery County’s social media platforms, watching the daily briefing by the Board of Commissioners, and frequently checking back to the data hub for updates on the situations as well as new guidance, information, and resources.
Public Health Notice: To get the latest information and updates regarding COVID-19, visit the Montco COVID-19 Data Hub here. Have questions about the County’s response to the coronavirus? Send an email to COVID19@montcopa.org.