KOP’s Lockheed Martin’s Rotary and Mission Systems Wins $8.5M DOD Contract

By
Lockheed Martin’s Rotary and Mission Systems in King of Prussia has received an $8.5M contract to upgrade the Navy’s Tactical Tomahawk Weapons Control System.

Lockheed Martin’s Rotary and Mission Systems Wins $8.5M DOD Contract

Meta Description (150 Characters): Lockheed Martin’s Rotary and Mission Systems in King of Prussia has received an $8.5M contract to upgrade the Navy’s Tactical Tomahawk Weapons Control System.

SEO Keyword (1-2 Words): Lockheed Martin

Word Count (Less 31 For Template): 243

The Post (Target length: 250 to 400 words):

Lockheed Martin’s Rotary and Mission Systems division in King of Prussia has received an $8.5 million contract from the Navy to upgrade its Tactical Tomahawk Weapons Control System, according to a staff report from Sputnik News.

“This order provides for the management, sustainment and upgrade of the Tactical Tomahawk Weapons Control System (TTWCS) software product baseline and the required system and software documentation for the Navy and the government of the United Kingdom,” stated the announcement by the Department of Defense.

The project requires that ninety-eight percent of the work needs to be completed at the King of Prussia facility by the end of January. The remaining two percent will be done at Patuxent River in Maryland.

The order is being jointly financed. The U.S Navy, which will cover 75 percent of the costs, while the remaining 25 percent will be paid for by the United Kingdom which is looking to expand its participation in the Tomahawk program.

The deal is being implemented under the Foreign Military Sales Program. Under the contract, Lockheed Martin will also provide the system and software documentation for both the US Navy and for the government of the United Kingdom.

Read more about the contract at Sputnik News by clicking here.

Stay Connected, Stay Informed

Subscribe for great stories in your community!

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Advertisement