In a continued effort to keep the local business community informed, SCORE Bucks County will offer six free webinars – including the kickoff of a new monthly learning session with Amazon.
On May 2, SCORE will offer “Cyber Security for Small Business – What You Need to Know.”
Led by Richard Zweig, owner of CMIT Solutions, the webinar will provide an overview of the cyber security environment and how it impacts small businesses.
Zweig will share insight on:
- Cyber security
- Security concerns for small businesses
- What business owners need to protect
- Steps to take immediately to improve security
On May 9, SCORE will present “How to Get Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) Certified.”
Colleen LaCoss, the certification manager with the Women’s Business Enterprise Center, will lead the session, which focuses on how women can open doors to a network of thousands of other women entrepreneurs and hundreds of corporate and government partners looking to work with women-owned businesses.
LaCoss will discus:
- The eligibility requirements
- The process, costs, and documents needed and what to expect
- The benefits and opportunities available to certified women-owned businesses
On May 16, SCORE will offer “The Process to Negotiate Buying a Business.”
The workshop will be led by SCORE certified mentor Steve Wolfson, who, prior to retiring, created a new wholesale distribution division for an existing manufacturer by starting 13 warehouses locations in the construction industry and growing operations from $0 to $50 million in five years.
Wolfson will outline what’s needed on a business-buying checklist and will cover the following:
- How to be prepared financially ahead of time
- The importance of undertaking a detailed review of the seller’s financials
- How to investigate all aspects of the seller
On May 23, SCORE certified mentor Richard Kroger will lead “How to Obtain Bank Financing.”
Kroger, who worked for 30 years in the business financing industry, will discuss:
- The 5 C’s of credit
- The different sources of funds for a capital contribution
- The usual components of a business plan
- Traditional banking and alternative sources of business funding
On May 24 at noon Amazon will offer the first of its monthly, hourlong information sessions, “Office Hours with Amazon.”
The session is geared for businesses interested in selling in Amazon’s store. Abby Malchow of Amazon’s Small Business Empowerment Team will answer questions about e-commerce, and fulfillment methods.
On May 30, SCORE certified mentor Joseph Lutes will lead “Run Your Nonprofit Like a Business.”
Lutes, who spent 10 years as the finance director for three local nonprofits, will explain how a nonprofit is an actual business and should be managed like one. He will share insight on:
- Why management reporting is just as important as financial reporting
- How boards and fundraising go hand in hand
- Taxes and regulations to remain compliant
To learn more or register
With the exception of the Amazon discussion, all webinars will be held from 11:30 AM – 1 PM. For more information about the webinars or to register, please visit https://www.score.org/buckscounty. All webinars are offered free of charge.
Learn more about these events at SCORE Bucks County.