Montgomery County Community College invites applications for the Coordinator of Student Services position.
The Coordinator of Student Services is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Welcome Desks, One-Stop, and Student Services Resource Center (SSRC).
The Coordinator of Student Services provides back-up coverage to Student Services areas as needed and works collaboratively with other departments to ensure student success. This position has the responsibility to develop and coordinate a comprehensive, college-wide approach to addressing the needs of students to strengthen enrollment and registration, improve retention, and increase academic success. Further, the role includes evening administrative coverage responsibilities for Enrollment Services Area. The Coordinator of Student Services is an integral member of the Student Services team in support of our mission of student access, retention, and completion.
This position has college-wide responsibilities and requires travel between all campuses and offsite locations. The primary office location is the Blue Bell campus.
Applicants should be aware that Saturdays and evenings are required as needed, especially during peak registration times. And an offer of employment is contingent upon receipt of Pa. Child Abuse, Pa. State Police, and FBI fingerprinting clearances.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Coordinator of Student Services will:
- Hire, supervise and evaluate support staff to ensure quality service to students is provided
- Foster an environment of a student focused culture
- Establish and adhere to staff coaching schedule to include staff observation, quality review and goal setting for improved performance
- Coach and develop team members by providing consistent support and direction that emphasizes the importance of service and develops skills that lead to overall success.
- Be responsible for staff scheduling, attendance tracking and coordinating with other areas for departmental coverage
- Work with training staff to ensure training is provided as needed
- Serve as point of contact for escalated student issues for Enrollment Services Department
- Research, identify solutions and resolve satisfactorily with student. Based on findings, seek opportunities to improve process
- Provide back-up help to administrator on duty for evenings, handling challenging student or visitor issues, facility problems, or other escalated matters that may arise
- Work with staff in other departments to resolve and notify leadership team when warranted
The ideal candidate will also demonstrate an ability to oversee the development and coordination of a comprehensive, college-wide approach to addressing the needs of students to strengthen enrollment and registration, improve retention, and increase academic success. These goals will be achieved by:
- Working with staff to provide assistance in accessing academic and support services to address deficiencies and issues that would impact enrollment and retention
- Maintaining records on student meetings and recommendations; maintaining student data for reporting outcomes
- Working collaboratively with all departments to ensure smooth delivery of enrollment services and activities related to student access and retention
- Evaluating existing processes and provide documentation with process mapping and detailed instructions
- Identifying trends from review of data and make appropriate recommendations for changes to be proactive with enhanced communication or education for students
- Preparing process reports for leadership team to include process assessments, volume, and recommendations of innovative and technical solutions to improve operational effectiveness with focus on impact to service provided to the student
- Planing, coordinating, and tracing outreach initiatives to students by use of phone, text, email, and any other approved forms of communication
- Reviewing data and providing weekly reporting of outreach initiatives with leadership and staff
- Using data to determine further strategies to support the success of the outreach initiatives
- Supporting Admissions and Recruitment outreach campaigns.
This opportunity has college-wide responsibilities and requires:
- Travel between all campuses and offsite locations
- Evening and weekend hours as needed
- Service on division and college committees
- Completion of other duties as assigned
The preferred backgrounds for Coordinator of Student Services candidates are:
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Two years’ higher education experience, preferably in a community college setting
- At least three years’ supervisory experience
- Two year’ processing experience with system optimization work
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
The Coordinator of Student Services opening is best suited to a candidate who has:
- An understanding of Community College philosophy, practice, and population
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; highly organized
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with records/registration systems (Colleague preferred)
- Customer service experience
More information on this opportunity — as well as a means of applying — is online.
About Montgomery County Community College
Montgomery County Community College offers a comprehensive curriculum of more than 100 degree and certificate programs, a Virtual Campus, a Culinary Arts Institute, a Municipal Police Academy, and specialized workforce development programs, all of which leverage the College’s nationally ranked use of innovative technology. An Achieving the Dream (AtD) Leader College, the institution is positioned at the vanguard of national efforts to increase completion, improve learning outcomes, and remove barriers to access for more than 24,000 students annually. The College is also recognized regionally and nationally for its sustainability leadership, work with military veterans, and community service and service-learning opportunities. Montgomery County Community College was recognized by NISOD and Diverse: Issues in Higher Education as one of 16 “2021 Promising Places to Work in Community Colleges.”
Visit the college online or stay current with it on Twitter @mccc.
Montgomery County Community College (MCCC) has a strong institutional commitment to diversity and is dedicated to excellence through diversity in education and employment. MCCC, an EEO Employer, provides equal employment and educational opportunities to all who are qualified. In keeping with the College’s diversity initiative, MCCC seeks and welcomes applications from diverse candidates, those who have had multicultural experience, and those who can demonstrate a
commitment to diversity.