Montgomery County Community College in Blue Bell invites applications for the Softball Head Coach position.
The Softball Head Coach is the individual charged with the responsibility for planning, programming, directing, supervising, and implementing the duties and functions of the individual sports program.
The head coach must work closely with all others involved in the department, college, EPAC, Region 19 and NJCAA in carrying out the mission and objectives of the intercollegiate athletic program.
The head coach is directly responsible to the Director of Athletics.
- Associate’s degree required.; Bachelors or higher degree preferred.
- Coaching experience and demonstrated ability to recruit student-athletes and develop successful programs. Collegiate coaching experience preferred.
- Strong communication, listening, and time management skills.
- Ability to manage a team in a fair-minded, honest, efficient, and professional manner.
- Knowledge of NCAA and NJCAA rules and compliance.
- Must possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Valid First Aid and CPR certifications are required; if certifications are not current at time of hire, continued employment is contingent upon obtaining these certifications.
Montgomery County Community College offers a comprehensive curriculum of more than 100 degree and certificate programs, a Virtual Campus, a Culinary Arts Institute, a Municipal Police Academy, and specialized workforce development programs, all of which leverage the College’s nationally ranked use of innovative technology.
An Achieving the Dream (AtD) Leader College, the institution is positioned at the vanguard of national efforts to increase completion, improve learning outcomes, and remove barriers to access for more than 24,000 students annually. The College is also recognized regionally and nationally for its sustainability leadership, work with military veterans, and community service and service-learning opportunities.
Montgomery County Community College was recognized by NISOD and Diverse: Issues in Higher Education as one of sixteen “2021 Promising Places to Work in Community Colleges.”
Apply online: For the complete job description and to apply for this position, please visit here.
This position is open until filled.