Are you keeping tabs on LinkedIn updates? You will be chuffed with some new features, and others may be rather meh, but see how you can leverage them.
Instant Video Meeting (just released)
You can either schedule a video call or instantaneously join one, and this feature is available on desktop, laptop, and mobile.
You can stay right on the LinkedIn platform rather than schedule a Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, Facetime, WhatsApp, or Skype, or you can integrate your LinkedIn meeting with Teams or Zoom. The meeting choice is currently 1:1, but groups will come in the future. For more details, read here.
- Go to the profile of the person you want to video call
- Click on the message button
- Click on the camera icon
- Choose “send instant meeting” or “schedule meeting for later”
- You can have a meeting for 15, 30, 60, 90, 120, or 150 minutes and you must choose the correct time zone
LinkedIn Creator Mode
If you see five hashtags under someone’s headline, you will know that their LinkedIn profile has Creator Mode turned on. Their “connect” button will be under the “more” button, in case you want to connect, and the default will change to a “follow” button. For more details, read here.
LinkedIn Cover Story
From your mobile app, you can add a 30-second cover story video under your profile photo so people can get to see you live and hear your introduction. For more details, read here.
LinkedIn Featured Section
This feature was released over a year ago, but not everyone is taking advantage of it. You can showcase your outstanding work or current articles, documents, images, links, or posts at the top of your profile, so they don’t get buried in your feed. Read this article for further details.
Missed the previous article on another new LinkedIn feature? See Build Your Brand with LinkedIn Stories. Read it here.
Hope to see you on Zoom or Clubhouse! Register on the links on the events page on the #GreatCareersPHL website.
- 8/13 Fri – Interview Techniques
- 8/13 Fri – Job Seeker Power Hour: How to Success at Jobs That Don’t Exist Yet (on Clubhouse)
- 8/16 Mon – Career Success Group
- 8/16 Mon – Strategic Research-based Approaches to LinkedIn
- 8/17 Tues – When and How to Re-Assess Your Career
- 8/17 Tues – What’s Your Shtick? Personal Branding Online and Off
- 8/17 Tues – Lehigh Valley Business Executives Networking Group
- 8/18 Wed – PowerThinking: Rejuvenating Your Amazing Mind Resilience Building Call
- 8/18 Wed – Business Executives Networking Group (BENG)
- 8/19 Thurs – Career Advancement Through Nonprofit Networking
- 8/19 Thurs – Strategic Research-based Approaches to LinkedIn
- 8/20 Fri – Interviewing Techniques
- 8/20 Fri – Job Searching for an Inclusive Workplace Culture and Allyship
- 8/23 Mon – Conversity: Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- 8/23 Mon – Five Ways to Beat the Odds with Search Firms and Online Job Boards