Do a SWOT Analysis on Your LinkedIn Profile
Have you done an audit of your Linkedin profile? Have you considered doing a LinkedIn SWOT analysis of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats?
If not, now is your opportunity to self-reflect. Maybe you need to attend a LinkedIn workshop or come back for a refresher course. You will always find learning opportunities available to you.
There are over 60 questions you can answer using this SWOT Analysis on Your LinkedIn profile. It is a Google doc you can access at http://bit.ly/SWOTLI.
Here are the 67 questions you can use to guide your LinkedIn profile SWOT analysis:
- Have you customized your LinkedIn URL?
- Have you added your degrees after your last name?
- Is your photo a professional-looking headshot of just you that is friendly and charismatic?
- Do you need to change the background of your photo? Try pfpmaker.com
- Do you have a unique banner like a word cloud or one made with canva.com?
- Did you create a meta tag for your photo?
- Did you create a meta tag for your banner?
- Do you have other images or links on your profile?
- Did you create a metatag for other images on your profile?
- Do you have key titles and keywords in your headline? You can read about keywords in several articles.
- Is your headline using all of the characters allowed (220)?
- Have you researched ALL of your keywords in the jobs tab?
- Do you have your location as Greater Philadelphia Area? (or just a specific city like West Chester?)
- Did you choose the best description for your industry?
- In the contact info section do you have your email?
- In the contact info section do you have your phone number?
- In the contact info section do you have your address? (If you are a brick and mortar business, this is good. Any other circumstance, this is probably bad. Anyone can look you up on zillow.com)
- In the contact info section do you have your social media Twitter or other handles?
- In the contact info section do you have your website(s) if you have one?
- In the contact info section do you have a calendar scheduling link like Calendly?
- Have you utilized most of the 2600 characters in the About section?
- Is your About section a bunch of long paragraphs (or have you included white space so people can skim and scan the content)?
- Have you typed content in your About section mainly in bullet point form so it’s skimmable and scannable?
- Do you have any quantifiable accomplishments in the About section? (percents, numbers, $, increased, decreased, etc.)
- Does your About section include a human likable and relatable element?
- Do you have keywords in your About section?
- Is your list of keywords bullet-pointed un alpha order to make it easy for people to understand your strengths?
- Do you have 50 skills and endorsements?
- Have you researched those words that are your skills and endorsements?
- Have you pinned your top 3 skills and endorsements?
- Do you have recommendations and have you given them too?
- Have you added your education?
- Does your education have the logos from where you went to school?
- Do you have a company page with a logo?
- Have you embellished your job titles up to 100 characters with keywords?
- Do you have paragraphs under your work experience? (or bullet points)
- Do you have up to 100 groups?
- Do you participate in groups?
- Do you have at least 500 connections?
- Are you following companies?
- Have you checked your public profile settings?
- Have you written articles?
- Have you added the written articles to your publications section?
- Are you posting content?
- Are you engaging with the content of others? (like, share, comment)
- Have you added your volunteer experience or Board positions?
- Do you have any patents to add?
- Do you have any certifications or licenses to add?
- Have you added any coursework you have taken?
- Have you added any test scores that may be relevant?
- Do you speak any other languages?
- Have you listed the professional organizations you belong to?
- Have you taken any LinkedIn Learning or other courses that are substantial and added coursework to your Linkedin profile?
- If you are a job seeker, have you clicked on the Career Interests button and filled out that section?
- Is that section visible to the public or to recruiters? If public, you will be wearing the green scarf!
- If you are a service provider, have you filled out the “Providing Services” tab?
- Have you checked consistency for Oxford commas (or AP style) in your writing?
- Have you chekd yer speling?
- Do you have white space so people can skim and scan?
- Does your competitor’s (colleague’s) LinkedIn profile look better than yours?
- If you don’t know what this is, should you become a member and learn and engage in career management?
- Have you added your pronouns to your profile?
- Do you have content in the Featured section?
- As a job seeker, turn off the People Also Viewed feature.
- Have you reviewed you public profile settings?
- Have you added media?
- Stay tuned for other new features like cover story and content creator!
Missed the previous article on “Pronouns As a New LinkedIn Feature & LGBTQ in the Veteran Space”
Need to accelerate your job search or manage your career?
- Subscribe to our newsletter via this week’s edition
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Double win – become a member and support our 501(c)3 nonprofit
We welcome everyone as a diverse, equity, and inclusive nonprofit organization.
Want to learn more about LinkedIn and other career education topics? Learn and network with us! Registration links are on the website.
- 6/4 Fri – Interviewing Techniques
- 6/4 Fri – Job Seeker Power Hour: LIVE LinkedIn Profile Reviews
- 6/7 Mon – Career Success Group
- 6/7 Mon – Create, Practice, & Publish Your Way to Career Success
- 6/8 Tues – Current Trends in Recruiting & Selection (BENG)
- 6/8 Tues – How to Find a Career Path You’ll Love
- 6/9 Wed – PowerThinking Resiliency Building Call-In AFFILIATE
- 6/9 Wed – LinkedIn for Winners: Be Found & Contacted by Recruiters
- 6/10 Thurs – The Future of Resumes
- 6/10 Thurs – Virtual Job Seeker Support Group
- 6/10 Thurs – She Said the P Word
- 6/11 Fri – Interviewing Techniques
- 6/11 Fri – Job Seeker Power Hour: Job Seekers Guide to Finding Your Unique Voice on Clubhouse
- 6/14 Mon – Career Success Group
- 6/14 Mon – Steps to Boldly Tell Your Story on LinkedIn
Stay Connected, Stay Informed
Subscribe for great stories in your community!
"*" indicates required fields