What do you do if you have a problem on LinkedIn? Where do you turn if you have been hacked? Is there a human to help? Is there customer service?
Problems are bound to occur on a platform of over 756 million users.
If you are on Twitter, you can direct message @LinkedInHelp
You can also tap into a new LinkedIn feature that I learned about from Kevin D. Turner, from Texas, who has cleverly customized his LinkedIn URL as “president.” https://www.linkedin.com/in/president/
Kevin must have been an early adopter to snag that URL!
Nonetheless, Kevin shared a new LinkedIn feature to contact LinkedIn to set up a help case with six basic steps.
- You will provide an alternate email to the one you have on file
- The type of issue you can report includes 28 choices
- There are a dozen choices of apps or sites
- There are nine choices of devices
- The subject
- Your question
SAVE THIS LINK https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/ask/li-default
This LinkedIn Help feature also allows you to create an attachment if you so desire. This attachment feature is convenient if you get locked out of your account, you will need to provide a copy of your passport and driver’s license to prove that you are you!
Help is available from:
- LinkedIn Help
- Marketing Corporate Solutions
- Corporate Billing Help
- Recruiter Help
- Learning Help
- Talent Hub Help
- Elevate Help
- ProFinder Help
- Talent Insights Help
- Lynda.com Help
- Sales Navigator Help
Kevin also included this [Contact Us] help link and other tips in his article titled 10+ Hidden LinkedIn Resources. Some of these gems will undoubtedly be helpful, so make sure you check them out.
If you want to hear Kevin live, he will be coming to present on Monday, May 24, 2021, at 9 AM, and the title of his presentation is “How to Brand to Land.” Kevin will provide knowledge bombs you won’t want to miss, so save the date or even register now on the events tab on the website!
Missed the previous article on “Ten LinkedIn Practices That Will Annoy Your Network?” Click here.
Need to accelerate your job search or manage your career? Explore our Kickstarter offerings. We welcome everyone!
Want to learn more about LinkedIn and other career education topics? Come learn and network with us! Registration links are on the website.
- 5/7 Fri – Job Seeker Power Hour: Job Search Tips for Introverts (on Clubhouse)
- 5/8 Sat – Developing and Maintaining Relationships
- 5/10 Mon – Career Success Group
- 5/10 Mon – Ally Up! The Definitive Guide to Building More Inclusive, Innovative and Productive Teams
- 5/11 Tues – Working with Executive Recruiters BENG
- 5/11 – Job Seekers: Tips for Engaging with Others on LikedIn & Adjusting Key LinkedIn Settings
- 5/11 – Business Executives Networking Group (BENG)
- 5/12 Wed – PowerThinking Resiliency Building Call-In AFFILIATE
- 5/12 Wed – Latest LinkedIn Changes and How to Leverage Them in Your Job Search
- 5/13 Thurs – Business Executives Networking Group (BENG)
- 5/13 Thurs – Mastering the Job Interview (Oscars Edition)
- 5/13 Thurs – Virtual Job Seeker Support Meeting
- 5/13 Thurs – Beating the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) AFFILIATE
- 5/13 Thurs – Let the Lord Sort Them: The Rise & Fall of the Death Penalty AFFILIATE
- 5/14 Fri – Job Seeker Power Hour: Job Search Tips from a Recruiter’s Perspective (on Clubhouse)
- 5/15 Sat – LinkedIn Part 3 of 3
- 5/15 Sat – The Overall Application of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) & Social Media Marketing (SMM) – “The Why” Part II
- 5/17 Mon – Career Success Group