Did you know there was a LinkedIn directory where you can look yourself up? When I discovered this little factoid recently, I was on L Page 1463 and now am on L page 1469. Why? Because every second, 2 people join LinkedIn.
If you want to see what page you are on, here is the link – https://www.linkedin.com/directory/people-a
If you want to keep tabs on what is going on on LinkedIn, check out their blog at https://blog.linkedin.com/. You can subscribe by clicking in the bottom right hand corner of the page. You can further customize by topic of interest at https://blog.linkedin.com/topics.
Do not neglect managing your career and your career documents, including your LinkedIn profile, from the beginning of your career onward and make networking a habit. A simple start would be with a Bronze membership.
If you want to engage in career management in a group setting, save the date of Saturday February 1st for an all day accelerator in King of Prussia. We will walk with you along your career management journey!
Don’t miss our upcoming featured events. If you are a working adult, come learn and network with us. Visit the events tab on our website.
- 2/1 All Day Hands-on Job Search Accelerator facilitated by Lynne Williams
- 2/3 LinkedIn with Karen Yankovich
- 2/3 Virtual Jobseeker Support Meeting with Dr. Dominique Kliger
- 2/5 Increasing Emotional Intelligence to Deal with the Day at Hand with Susan Redding
- 2/8 Beating the Applicant Tracking System with Lynne Williams
- 2/9 [Interactive Webinar] The Art of Networking In Person and Online with Lynne Williams
Missed the previous article on LinkedIn for Young Professionals … or Young at Heart? Click here!
Lynne Williams is the Executive Director of the Philadelphia Area Great Careers Group, a 501(c)3 nonprofit of over 4300 members providing career education and networking.
Contact Lynne by phone at 484-393-2951, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, on social media @GreatCareersPHL and #GreatCareersPHL and connect on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/in/lynnewilliams Visit the website!