PhillyBite Magazine’s Eric Henderson set out to identify the area’s hottest, most desirable neighborhoods. His list is rather exclusive, containing only six items, all within the city limits,
Except one, which sits in Montgomery County.
The evaluation took into consideration several factors:
- Affordability, especially in a city where residential real estate prices have been rising
- Popularity with first-time home buyers
- A variety of cultural, religious, and recreational activities
- Diverse populations
- A mix of architectural styles among homes and businesses
- A highly walkable layout with easy access to public transportation
- Healthy mix of restaurants and shops
- An overall small-town feel without a sense of provincialism
The Montco mention that stood out against these criteria was Conshohocken.
The publication cited its proximity to the city (and the convenience of SEPTA), the eclectic bar-restaurant possibilities, and its suitability for young professionals.
More about the region’s most desirable neighborhoods is at PhillyBite Magazine.
Editor’s Note: This post forst appeared on MONTCO.Today in October 2022.
This video tour by Gregory Martire of Springer Realty highlights numerous reasons behind Conshohocken’s popularity.