Elmwood Park Zoo is lighting up the holiday season with a brand new, multi-day festival that
is fun for all ages. Wild Lights will feature millions of LED lights spanning the zoo’s entire 16 acres.
Guests will be transported into a dazzling winter wonderland with the help of animated light installations, lit pathways, guided tours, music, and themed stops along the way.
Wild Lights is the first event of its kind for Elmwood Park Zoo. The Wild Lights creative design, light installations and production are courtesy of GES Events, a company world-renown for producing entertainment experiences and corporate events. In addition to GES Events’ work, Wild Lights will also feature the following attractions:
• Santa’s Workshop will be open to guests, where they can meet and take photos with the big
• Santa’s live reindeer return to the zoo for guest greetings and photos.
• The zoo’s vintage Carousel and Butterfly Train Ride will be open throughout each evening.
• Treetop Adventures will offer rides on its “Quick Zip” course. Guests will wear lit harnesses that
interact with select light installations.
• Bubby’s Dessert Party features Elmwood Park Zoo’s bison mascot helping guests to an
assortment of delicious holiday treats, a hot chocolate bar, and gingerbread men decorating
Wild Lights debuts to the public on Friday, November 16, from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm. The festival continues Thursdays through Sundays until December 9, and then is open nightly, December 13 through December 31. It is closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day. Tickets and more information are available at epzwildlights.com.