Genesis Housing, CADCOM and Willow Grove CDC are pleased to announce that the BB&T Bus is heading to Montgomery County on February 10, 11 & 12 from 9 AM – 2 p.m., according to a press release issued by Genesis Housing Corporation.
The BB&T Bus will be in Willow Grove on Thursday, February 8th, Pottstown on Friday, February 9th and Norristown on Saturday, February 10th. Free VITA Income Tax Prep will be provided to qualified taxpayers. Free credit reports will be available. In addition, info on housing, financial classes, housing, banking and more will be offered.
The BB&T Bus will provide financial resources with internet access including:
- CADCOM will provide free VITA tax prep. Taxpayers must bring all tax related documents, photo ID and social security cards. Appointments are strongly recommended.
- BB&T Bank will provide free credit reports and information on banking – basics, checking and college savings accounts.
- Genesis Housing will provide info on credit and budgeting classes.
- Willow Grove CDC (Willow Grove only) will provide info on housing options.
- Resource Table with have info on Habitat for Humanity and other local social service programs.
The BB&T Bus offers information and resources covering a variety of topics and is part of BB&T’s community program to “meet you more than half way”.
CADCOM was established as a nonprofit in 1966 as the lead Anti-Poverty Agency in Montgomery County working to coordinate strategic planning, economic development, community development and to create a partnership between public and private entities to serve the needs of county residents.
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax help to people who generally make $56,000 or less, persons with disabilities and limited English speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. Information on free file software offers for people with incomes of less than $66,000 will also be provided.
Willow Grove CDC was founded in 1990 by local bankers, clergymen, attorneys and realtors to address the need for affordable housing for low-to-moderate income people in the Willow Grove area.
Since 1994, Genesis Housing Corporation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, has served Montgomery County as a community housing development organization (CHDO) and is dedicated to the development of affordable housing, neighborhood revitalization and the education of consumers on housing and financial issues.